Welcome to 1H! We are a lovely class of 22 children with lots of personality and joy. We take pride in that there are a range of different cultures within our classroom. We love to learn and enter the classroom everyday eager and excited for the learning opportunities that lie in the day ahead!
Our teacher is called Miss Hegarty. We are very lucky that we have learning support assistants; Miss Bush, Mrs Riley, Mrs Begum and Mr McDonald who work across the year group.
- PE is on a Wednesday morning. We come into school in our uniforms as normal and get changed in school.
- Homework is distributed on every Friday for the following week ahead.
- Early home reading plays a vital role in ensuring your child becomes a confident and fluent reader by the end of Key stage 1 therefore we ask for your support at home with this. We ask that any reading completed at home is recorded in the children’s reading record. This helps us to identify and monitor your child’s progress and when your child’s book can be changed.
- Also as a school, we are passionate about encouraging reading for pleasure. We feel the children are now at a point where they are able to begin picking an additional book from a selection to read for their own enjoyment with the support of an adult. Some children may need an adult to read the book to them and this is perfectly fine.
- We are going to begin sending book bags home each day. We kindly ask for them to be returned the following day. The whole book is not expected to be completed in one home reading session. The aim is to listen to your child read for a minimum of 3 times a week and additional times to read for enjoyment.